Ensure your lawn looks perfect all year around by checking out our top tips using our Lawncare Calendar, whether for a professional or homeowner setting. Month by month steps to achieving a luscious lawn!
Ensure your lawn looks perfect all year around by checking out our top tips using our Lawncare Calendar, whether for a professional or homeowner setting. Month by month steps to achieving a luscious lawn with your reel mower.
• Now that those hot spells of weather seems to have passed, and we now have a small period of wet weather, these are the ideal conditions for any lawns that were suffering to bounce back.
• The present wetter weather can be used to ‘wash in’ any outstanding fertiliser applications, minimising any chance of scorch.
• Continue to trim lawn edges and mow as and when required; different grass varieties will recover at different times, giving the lawn an uneven look.
• Continue to pull up isolated weeds or carry out spot treatment of weeds with a proprietary lawn weed killer Note: Please wait until the grass has recovered fully. If you spray a lawn that is already drought /heat stressed, you could kill it.
• Check the mower blades are still sharp and that all moving parts are lubricated as per the manufacturer’s guidelines.
• Mowing height should be between 15-20mm, any lower and you run the risk of scalping the lawn.
• Red thread is also prevalent at the moment (fungal disease that turns the grass a reddy/pink colour). This can be fed out using fertilisers or by using a chemical control.
Please Note: Heavy rains in winter can cause localised flooding. In certain areas, the receding waters can leave sediment; this can be potentially hazardous waste from flooded sewers or industry. Wear protective gloves, eye protection and a dust mask as a minimum level of protective clothing when you come into contact with the sediment. Seek advice from your local authority or the Environment Agency for further guidance.